Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's the Little Things ...

Recently I've realized how much the little things matter. The mundane, everyday, seemingly insignificant things a person uses with barely a thought of what will happen to these 'things' once we are gone. These are the items that become treasures to our loved ones. At least that is what has happened to me since Sarah passed away. 

I use her measuring cups and tablespoon/teaspoon measurers on a regular basis and there isn't a single time I don't stop and remember her and her love of whimsy. Yet, at the same time, they are very practical. The can opener she had is one of the smoothest, easiest to use I've ever known because she had arthritis in her hands and it had to be easy or she couldn't have operated it. It's as smooth as butter. 

I know this may sound silly to some people, they are, afterall, just kitchen utensils and were some of the last things Randy grabbed that no one else wanted while cleaning out her home after she was gone. I'm so delighted he saved them because thinking of Sarah always brings a smile to my face. There may be a tear or two involved as well, but I am smiling at the same time.

She had a heart of gold and was one of the most generous and kind human beings I'll ever have the pleasure of loving.

So if you ever have to clean out a loved ones things after they are gone, keep some of those dull, boring, items no one wants or needs because they just might become precious treasures. That is exactly what has happened to me.

I thought this was valuable information so I wanted to share it with y'all.  And you're welcome. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Rox! You know how I always carry my Dad's little Swiss Army knife and my Mom's owls are always looking over me - those things just remind me that they really Are always with me!

    ReplyDelete