Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

2010 - 1/3/10


How can that be? I mean, I was just asking how it could be 2009 and it’s already a year later. What happened last year? Did I really blithely go through an entire year unaware that time was passing, living my mundane little life, paying bills, doing chores, shopping and writing and going to classes and cooking and walking the dog and loving my family and friends and simply living my life? I guess that’s what I did because now it’s 2010 and I seem to have made it through another year virtually unscathed. Except for these new grey hairs, I like to call them Abe … or Randy. Ha-ha!

By the way, what is the shortened version of 2010? Oh-nine worked for 2009. Do we just say ten? That doesn’t sound quite right. Twenty-ten? That’s better I guess but seems to be not very short. Sheesh, I really can’t believe it’s 2010.

Resolutions? I resolve to write more, complain less, eat less, exercise more, have more fun and clean house less, uh, that’s it, more or less.

What are yours? Resolutions, that is. Some people, like Tamar, resolve not to have resolutions and that’s OK. Whatever works for you is what works for me.

I’d like to travel more in 2010. I love to travel. 2010 brings Randy and I to our twentieth anniversary in December. That’s a milestone. I’d like to go somewhere tropical at that time of year, but we’ll see how it goes.

Do you have any big plans for 2010? I plan on voting a bunch of assholes out of Washington if I can. But other than that I really don’t have anything major going on.

Anyway, just wondering if there’s anybody else out there that simply can’t believe it’s 2010! I sure don’t see how it’s possible. But it is what it is and we can’t go back, just forward.

So let’s enjoy 2010 and live it to it’s fullest and wring every drop of fun and love out of it that we can.

I wish each and every one the best year ever. I’m really kind of glad that 2009 is over and done. I have a whole new calendar full of blank pages to fill with happy moments and good times. Let’s get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment