Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Another Hike - 8/7/09


I went on another hike with Abe today and fortunately it was an entirely different experience than my last one.  Abe was such a loyal companion.  I DID let him off leash and he didn’t get too far away from me this time and actually came to me when I called “here”.  Perhaps that was the granola bar enticing him though, couldn’t be because he was actually behaving I’m sure.  Well, once during the hike he did run helter skelter down to Swan Creek where a beaver dam had made a heavenly deep swimming hole just for him.  He quickly dove in and then ran pell mell up the steep hill right to me – the whole thing took about five minutes and was a sight to behold so it was worth it.  He’s such a beautiful beast and I was laughing at how fast he did the whole process.

I had a whole group of people hiking with me this time, too.  There was Tom, John, Madonna, Tina, Stones (that’s stones, I wasn’t stoned), Stevie, Christie, Lindsay, Mick, even The Police came along.  One guy with that group, I think he called himself Sting, even sang a love song just for me.  Annie, Paul, Ringo, George, John, Bob, Candy, Chris, David, Delbert, some folks from a band called Queen and Eric also put their musical talents to work for my hearing pleasure.

We all sang along together.   All in all, it was a delightful hike. I believe the difference in this hike and the last one was that Abe and I were alone.  I think he feels some responsibility for me in a pack mentality sort of way.  I know I’m not alpha to him but I am the bitch.  And man, can I play that part well when it suits me!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment