Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wedding Speech - 6/20/08

Hello Everyone,

My name is Roxann, or some of you know me as Roxie, and I’m Angela’s Mom.

First, I’d like to thank each and every one of you for being here.  You have all traveled both near and far to witness the union of these two wonderful young people and we appreciate that more than words can express.  To all the bridesmaids, I’d like to especially thank you for helping Angela with the planning of this beautiful wedding.  You all helped her so much and I know she is truly grateful.

Secondly, I’d like to formally welcome the groom into the family.  I think Rey already knows how we feel about him, but it’s best said this way.  Even of Rey weren’t officially part of our family, we would still welcome him with open arms as a true and wonderful friend.  He’s simply a joy and a blessing and we couldn’t be happier that he is now truly one of us.

And lastly, I’d like to offer these words of wisdom written anonymously …”Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both ends.”  And also, “It’s so easy to fall in love but hard to find someone who will catch you.”  I believe we will often find Angela and Rey in the middle of the bench and also catching each other time after time.  I sincerely believe they will have a long and very happy marriage!

I love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment