Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Golden Candle - 1/23/09


My candle is small and the color of butterscotch candy.  Its scent is apple cinnamon and is left over from this past Christmas.  It reminds me of our Christmas dinner and dessert, warmth and happiness, family and good times.  The candle nestles in a red ceramic candle holder with star shapes cut out around the entire circumference allowing the soft glow to peek through.   Um, it smells heavenly and is making me crave a big slice of home made apple pie. The flame itself is hypnotic and mesmerizing.  I think I could go to sleep very easily.  Part of the candle has a hole in it on the edge where the flame has melted the wax.  This has made the burning candle more interesting in it’s imperfection.  There’s absolutely no breeze in this quiet room for the flame is straight and perfect and warm.  I wonder if we have made a mistake by replacing candlelight with electric ones.  Certainly the light at my desk pales in comparison.  My candle is waning and is asking to be blown out so it can take a nap.  I think I’ll take one, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment