Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dialogue With My Mouse Pad - 1/28/09

Me:  How are you this fine blustery day?

Mouse Pad:  I’m fine … just lying around.

Me:  You’re looking a little frayed around the edges and the words Office Depot are beginning to fade.

Mouse Pad:  I’m pretty old now.  Did you expect me to last the rest of your life?  Besides, you’re looking a little frayed around the edges yourself.

Me:  That’s my haircut and, as a matter of fact, you lasting the rest of my life is exactly what I had in mind.  It’s not like you move around a lot or anything.  How hard can it be?  Besides, I only bought you because you’re red, you know?

Mouse Pad:  I know, I know.  But I’ve been pretty dependable if you ask me.  You haven’t even brushed your hair today have you?  Just ran your fingers through it and called it done.  Looks pretty sloppy to me.

Me:  What has that got to do with you wearing out?  You have been dependable though, I’ll give you that.  It’s not like it’s rocket science.  All you do is sit there day in and day out barely moving an inch in any direction.

Mouse Pad:  This is true but you still need me.   I’m merely pointing out that we’re both getting up there in age and we should be a little more tolerant of the aging process don’t you think?

Me:  You’ve got me there.  OK, OK, let’s just say we have a few more good years left and we’ll reopen this discussion at a later date.

Mouse Pad:  I’m in complete agreement.  Oh, and this mouse you continually move around on top of me is getting a little tiresome, just so you know.

Me:  I empathize with you but there’s not much I can do about that except start using the built in mouse pad on our laptop.

Laptop Mouse Pad:  Hey, leave me out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment